Thursday, October 12, 2006

Estoy mejor, gracias

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I am feeling much better. I left the conference on Tuesday early and did not go to my classes on Wednesday because I was not feeling so hot. Today is better, although I am quite exausted catching up on my work. Tomorrow I am going to tell you all about my trip, honest. ;-) (By the way, that whole 5 part series thing is a stupid idea now that I think of it...not going to do that, tomorrow´s update about my trip should suffice, I hope to include lots of pictures for you to see!)

After tomorrow´s update, I plan on telling you some interesting things about my life that I have been meaning to put up on my blog, such as about my family, the food here, life here, etc. I also want to start telling you about simple insights that I have had living in a third-world country. Despite the exclamation points that I have a tendency to overuse in my sentences, sometimes life here is not as rosey as it may come across. For a more some stuff like this, look to Ryan and Natalie´s blog - they have elequently said some really ensightful things about life here.

I am just getting back in the swing of things, that´s all. Being sick really made me miss certain things from my life in the United States, such as being comforted by your mom when you are not feeling well or eating her food on a daily basis, or not living in the culture that discusses digestive or bathroom problems over dinner with other members of the family (it is both discusting and funny, but oh lord...seriously, do they have to do that??!). With current political events I have also realized that I SERIOUSLY miss having the ability to watch the news or read the paper and understand everything that is being said, remaining to be an informed person on world affairs. Thank goodness for the internet...it is my only hope these days to be connected to the political world and at this point it is not really all that I want it to be.

Alright, "ciao ciao" for now. I would really like to receive phone calls at my house if you can - "wink wink" Gma, Mom, BRails, Amy K, and Sue - haha.

Hope everyone is well, miss ya bunches - M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home