Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It´s a girl!

Hey everyone! Hope all is well!

Great things seem to be happening to ones that I love!! First, one my bests friend from college, Amy, gets engaged, then Abby, a best friend since the third grade, had a baby! That´s right, I am an serogate aunt to a beautiful baby girl named Emmersen. You can check out all the wonderful pictures and information about the little one by clicking here. Congrats Mike and Abby! I am sooo happy for you!

As for me, same ol´same ol...taking classes and such here at the language institute. I did, however, start a week long class on Monday titled "Espiritualidad Misionera" at the local university here, La Universidad Catolica. It´s pretty much a class on spirituality, missionary work, and serving the poor, posing some really interesting points and perspectives...I think ;-) It´s obviously an upper level theology class and it is obviously all in spanish, so I understand about 60% of what is being said. A lot of the difficulty comes from not knowing the technical terms or formal labels for various areas that are discussed. Lucky for me, I am attending the class with my friend Kerri, who is also a student at the language institute and received her Masters of Divinity at Harvard, and Brother Tomas, who is from the US but has lived in Bolivia for about 18 years and works at the institute. Through Brother Tomas´help with the spanish through a discussion after class, Kerri and I are really enjoying ourselves. It feels so good to be in an academic environment studying theology again!

Again, hope everyone is well! Hope to finish putting up pictures for you soon...the computers here for that kinda thing are seriously slow and seriously a pain in the rear end.

Love - M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home