Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Subscribe option, photos, and reality check on calling me

Hello everyone, hope all is well! I just finished classes and found the computer available on my way out the door...so I thought I would take a moment to say hi and that I hope everyone is having a terrific day.

Also, as you can see, the subscribe option for my blog is set up - simply enter your email address if you would like an email sent to you, notifying you that I have updated my blog.

The pictures link is up on the right hand side, but don´t check it out just yet because I do not have any pictures loaded into my account. This computer is kinda slow and I think I will have to go somewhere else tonight to put the pictures on the internet; I will let you know when I do.

****REALITY CHECK/CHANGE OF CALLING PROCEEDURE**** Okay, so I get home and I tell my family here that I have put up my number on my blog so my friends and family can call me. I also tell them that I put up some spanish that you should say when you do call. What do they do? They laugh. That´s right, they laugh. Why? Well, there is only one person in the house named "Michelle." There is no point in having someone attempt to speak spanish when all they really have to do is say my name. Additionally, I said myself that if I am home, I am usually the one who answers the phone. So why should you have to attempt speak spanish if you are going to be talking to me in the first place?? So, though mocking myself with my Bolivian family, I got a reality check and realized that you do not have to speak spanish in order to call me at my house here in Bolivia. When you call, simply say my name (Destiny´s Child song reference simply a coincidence)and they will hand the phone to me...that is, if I am the one who does not answer the phone. SO CALL ME - all it takes is buying a $5 international calling card from the gas station - most cards are $5 for 600 minutes. Good deal and you get to talk to me, who can beat that??

Alright, I am off to eat some fabulous traditional Bolivian food for lunch (usually consists of a giant bowl of soup followed by the "segunda," or second plate, that is full of rice or pasta, meat, potatoes, and a little salad with tomatoes and onions.)

Have a great day everyone - check for the photos very soon!

- M

OH - PS - ABSOLUTE congratulations to one of my best friends Amy Kelley. Her beau Josh proposed marriage yesterday and she said yes (of course)! Sooooo excited for ya Aims, looking forward to talking to you again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home