Friday, August 18, 2006

#2: Training is over! Time to celebrate and relax!

(continued from the post below...read that first! :-) )

Alright, so I just got back from my appointment at the Health Department...due to a little miscommunication between me and the receptionist about my appointment, I had to reschedule my appointment for Monday at 11:00am. So, no shots today and I can continue to let you know about the fabulous week I have had.

So Wednesday night was great at rumrunners and Thursday we got to examine whether or not we were "missionaries" with Fr. Paul Kollman of Notre Dame. After our talk with Fr. Kollman, Natalie and I took Katie to the train station - she, too, is flying home to stay with her family for our last weekend here in the States. After some lunch at my favorite eatery, Jimmy Johns (yeah!), Natalie and I hung out and watched a movie...pretty much bummed around like that for the rest of the day. At 4:15pm we had a farewell mass - the first for me outside of a church, located in a small room here in Moreau. No big deal, just a little different. :-)

Again, Natalie and I just bummed around, I wrote letters and thank you cards and such...nothing exciting happened until around 11:30pm when Natalie and I decided we were bored and that we wanted to go to Wal-Mart to print off a few pictures from the week. We had a great time jammin' out in the isle, listening to samples of cds like "Hits of the 80s," "Rock Favorites," and so on. The Wal-Mart night crew gave us looks like "oh, those crazy kids" but we did not care - we were bored and tired of hanging out in the Seminary, so we just had ourselves a great time.

Today I had lunch at the University Club on Notre Dame's Campus with Professor Joe Incandela. Joe is a professor in the Religious Studies Department at Saint Mary's College and now an Associate Dean. Joe taught one of my favorite classes in college and it was great to eat a meal with him, catch up, share my thoughts about my upcoming adventures, and laugh about the craziness that is now SMC. Too bad that Joe had a 1:30pm meeting, I probably could have visited with him all day.

That's about it - I am going to hang around here until dinner at 6pm and then Natalie and I are going to join Mark and Steve for the weekly soccer game with their friends (look at last Friday's post to see what I am talking about). I do not think I will play again, but I will probably go for a run around the neighborhood. After soccer, Natalie and I plan to go to The 'Backer and dance our little hearts out...I am sure I will have good stories and pictures to share on my next post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! ~ M

PS - Pray for my Grandpa as he gets the results back from his E.E.G. and starts new medications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home